Services in English
In Quebec, French is the official language of public administration. Consequently, all health and social service institutions offer their services in French. However, some people are more comfortable communicating in English, and they have the right to ask to receive services in English. The Act Respecting Health Services and Social Services ensures that a broad range of health services is accessible in English.
Within the CISSS Chaudière-Appalaches territory, some services are available in English. Don’t hesitate to request services in English.
Do you have trouble understanding French? Do you want to make sure that you understand the information you get about your health?
You can ask the hospital staff to have an interpreter present at your appointment with your health care professional. Please make your request with hospital staff.
The goal of this services is to :
- Provide quality and safe services to users;
- Meet the obligations set out in several pieces of legislation, such as the Act Respecting Health Services and Social Services;
- Comply with the codes of ethics of professional orders.
- Express your needs;
- Ask about existing services in English;
- Ask for an interpreter at the hospital to be present at your appointment;
- Call MCDC to request an interpreter at your next appointment;
- File a complaint if you are dissatisfied with services received or expressed.
Megantic English-speaking Community Development Corporation (MCDC)
MCDC is a community organization serving the English-speaking community of Chaudière-Appalaches and offers interpreter services to help access health and social services.
Please call us if you need interpreter services or have any questions related to receiving your health and social services in English. If you have an appointment and require an interpreter, please call us as soon as possible so that we can find someone to accompany you.
We have two offices to serve you :
If you live in the Greater Thetford Mines and surrounding areas, please call us at
877-332-3851. You can also send us an email: volunteer@ mcdc . info
Operating hours: Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 4:30.
If you live in the Greater Levis area, please call us at 581-500-3574. Operating hours are Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 4:30. You can also send us an email: projectlevis@ mcdc . info